Author: Safiu Kehinde

E9f62399aabadeb65cefae07d0f41e23

Safiu Kehinde is a Graduate of Mass Communications. He is passionate about accurate reporting and interested in investigating socio-political issues.

Safiu Kehinde The Federal Government has condemned the attack of Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Offices by the Nigerian Air Force Personnel. NPO reported that a group of military personnel had, on Thursday, invaded Ikeja Electric Offices in Lagos, assaulting the DisCo’s officials. As captured in videos shared on X the Air Force Personnel forced the officials to their knees while some who managed to escape the raid were seen trying to scale steel fence. Reacting, the Minister of Power, Chief Adebayo Adelabu has expressed concern over the attack which left several injured, facilities and equipment vandalised. As contained in…

Read More

Agency Report The Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development says it will broker peace between Sen. Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan (PDP/Kogi Central) and the Senate President, Sen. Godswill Akpabio. The Minister, Hajia Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim, said this while addressing State House Correspondents during the Meet-the-Press meeting on Friday. The Minister said the allegation of sexual harassment by Akpoti-Uduaghan, which led to her suspension from the Senate for six months, was an unfortunate incident that should not have happened. “It is unfortunate; we’re going to be brokering peace. “In the last assembly, we had nine women senators; in this Assembly, we have four.…

Read More

Safiu Kehinde The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has placed former Minister of Women Affairs, Uju-Kennedy Ohanenye, under interrogation over alleged misappropriation, procurement violations, and the diversion of N138 million public funds. Ohanenye, reportedly, arrived at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja, on Thursday morning, where she was questioned over alleged fraudulent financial activities during her tenure as minister. The ex-Minister was subject of controversy during her tenure and was eventually sacked by President Bola Tinubu late last year. According to report, investigators have uncovered multiple breaches of due process in the ministry’s budget disbursement. Prior to her dismissal, Ohanenye…

Read More

Safiu Kehinde The National Grid had again collapsed, leaving Nigerians in another streak of blackout. This was confirmed in a statement issued on Friday by the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC). The disco announced suffering system outage around 2:00pm. It, however, assured that restoration is ongoing in collaboration with other stakeholders. “Dear Esteemed Customer, Please be informed that we experienced a system outage today 07/03/2025 @ 14:00hrs, affecting supply within our network. “Restoration of supply is ongoing in collaboration with our critical stakeholders. Kindly bear with us.” Ikeja Electric wrote. More details later…

Read More

Agency Report President Bola Tinubu on Friday extended his condolences to the family, friends and associates of Prince Doyin Okupe, a medical doctor, politician, who died on Friday at 72. Tinubu described Okupe as a bold and articulate advocate for national development, expressing sorrow over his death at a time when his wealth of experience and insight were still invaluable to the nation. The President commiserated with the government and people of Ogun, particularly the Iperu-Remo community, who lost an esteemed son and leader, Mr Bayo Onanuga, his spokesman, said in a statement. He recognised Okupe’s enduring impact on his…

Read More

Agency Report Former Director-General of the Labour Party (LP) Presidential Campaign Council, Mr Akin Osuntokun, has mourned the passing of a former Presidential Spokesman, Dr Doyin Okupe. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Okupe died in the early hours of Friday at an undisclosed hospital in Lagos. Osuntokun, a former NAN Managing Director, told a correspondent of the agency that Okupe contributed greatly to the nation’s democracy. “He (Okupe) made his own unique contributions to Nigerian politics, there is no way anybody can write about Nigerian politics in the past 50 years without mentioning his name. “He was…

Read More

Safiu Kehinde Sequel to the invasion of the Ikeja Electric Distribution Company (IKEDC) offices by the Nigerian Air Force Personnel, the Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors’ Chief Executive Officer, Sunday Oduntan, has disclosed that the DisCo disconnected the Air Force base over nonpayment of N4.34 billion debt. NPO reorted that a group of military personnel were on Thursday, spotted across IKEDC offices in Lagos. They had invaded the DisCo offices over power disconnection which left their base in blackout. Speaking in an interview on Arise TV on Friday morning, Oduntan narrated how the Air Force’s refusal to pay their accumulated…

Read More

Safiu Kehinde Rivers State House of Assembly has extended the invitation ultimatum issued to the state’s Independent Electoral Commission (RSIEC) to another 78 hours. NPO reported that the Martin Amaewhule-led Assembly had, on Wednesday, summoned the RSIEC Chairman over the conduct of the October 5, 2024 local government election. The Assembly had threatened to issue a warrant for his arrest if he fails to appear before the chamber. Recall that Amaewhule and other 26 suspended lawmakers were, last week, reinstated by the Supreme Court. The apex court also reaffirmed Amaewhule as the legitimate Speaker of the Assembly. Following their reinstatement,…

Read More

Safiu Kehinde A Lagos Special Offences Court has granted N50 million bail to Jude Okoye, former manager of the defunct music duo Paul and Peter Okoye (P-Square), in an ongoing trial over alleged money laundering to the tune of N1.38billion, $1million and £34,537.59. NPO reported that the elder brother to the estranged P-Square music duo was arraigned alongside his company, Northside Music Limited, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Having pleaded not guilty, the presiding judge, Justice Rahman Oshodi, granted Okoye bail at N50 million, with two sureties of equal sum. The sureties must, however, reside within the court’s…

Read More

Safiu Kehinde Labour Party’s 2023 Presidential candidate. Peter Obi has mourned the demise of his former campaign Director-General, Doyin Okupe. NPO reported that Okupe died in the early hours of Friday at a hospital in Abuja after long battle with prostate cancer. Recating in a post on his X handle, Obi expressed his sadness over the demise of the spokesperson to former President, Olusegun Obasanjo. He described the late Okupe who died at the age of 72 as an active figure in the nation’s political space. His death, according to Obi, is a profound loss to everyone. “With great sadness…

Read More