There are indications that more people and organizations are coming to realize the errors in their allegations over the alleged Lekki shootings.
Some of those who had earlier been listed as shot or killed have come out to deny their deaths or being shot.
One of Nigeria’s leading organizations Enough is Enough has admitted it was wrong over its initial publication and allegations that the state governor Babajide Sanwoolu ordered the removal of CCTV cameras from the Lekki Toll Gate.
EiE, led by Yemi Adamolekun is one of the credible organizations in Nigeria that other global bodies rely on for its positions on Nigerian affairs.
The European Union, United Nations, and others have condemned state authorities over alleged state-sponsored “killings at the Lekki gate”.
Protesters at the toll in Lekki were forcefully dispersed Tuesday evening some soldiers stormed the venue and shot into the crowd of protesters.
The Army said it had no knowledge of the shootings.
The Governor of Lagos said he did not order any security personnel to shoot.
Yemi Adamolekun, took to its Twitter page to tender the apology admitting that it was wrong over its initial publication and allegations that the state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu ordered the removal of CCTV cameras from the Lekki Toll Gate.
The apology and other events after the Lekki shootings give indications that more people and organizations are coming to realize the errors in their allegations over the alleged attack on the #EndSARS protesters at the protest venue.
The NGO tweeted: "This was an error. These cameras are not CCTV cameras but license plate verification cameras.
"They were removed to prevent vandalization after @jidesanwoolu
announced the curfew.
"He has said the CCTV footage is intact. We apologise for the error."
EiE had earlier tweeted "You took out the cameras, turned off street lights, & shut down the LED billboard at Lekki Toll gate just so you can come and shoot at peace citizens protesting against police brutality
We won't forge"