The management of First Bank on Friday said it has fully cooperated with the Central Bank of Nigeria over its decision to appoint a new set of Directors while reinstating the removed Managing Director Mr. Sola Adeduntan as MD.
The group said in line with it directives, “Dr. Adesola Adeduntan has since resumed work as CEO.”
The Board of Directors of First Bank of Nigeria Limited is now comprised as follows:
1. Mr. Tunde Hassan-Odukale - Chairman
2. Mrs. Tokunbo Martins
3. Mr. Uche Nwokedi
4. Mr. Adekunle Sonola
5. Ms. Isioma Ogodazi
6. Mr. Ebenezer Olufowose
7. Mr. Ishaya Elijah B. Dodo
8. Dr. Adesola Adeduntan FCA – Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer
9. Mr. Gbenga Shobo – Deputy Managing Director
10. Dr. Remi Oni – Executive Director
11. Mr. Abdullahi Ibrahim – Executive Director
“We further wish to reassure the public, our esteemed customers and stakeholders in the words of the Governor of the Central Bank in concluding his press conference, the statement read.
“The CBN hereby reassures the depositors, creditors and other stakeholders of the bank of its commitment to ensuring the stability of the financial system. There is therefore no cause for panic amongst the banking public, given that the actions being taken are meant to strengthen the Bank and position it as a banking industry giant.