The Guiness World Records on Monday said it cannot confirm the records set by Nigeria’s Hilda Baci until all necessary verifications have been concluded.NPO Reported earlier that Hilda Bassey Baci broke the records of the longest period of cooking breaking the earlier records of 85 hours with her new 97 hours in Lagos in the early hours of Monday.
“We’re aware of this amazing record attempt, we need to review all the evidence first before officially confirming a record.” the Guinness World Records stated in a message posted on its twitter page Monday morning.
In her own reaction to the message, Hilda Baci stated she cannot wait for the official confirmation “I can’t wait for it to be official,” she wrote.

An Indian Chef, Lata Tondon, had before now held the Guinness World Record for the Longest Cooking Time by an Individual. The competition. known as cook-athon started on Thursday at exactly 4 pm after the restaurateur turned on her cooker.
Baci aimed to beat the 87 hours 45 minutes record set by Lata Tondon, the Indian chef who is the current Guinness World Record holder. Tondon achieved the feat in 2019.
It has been a tension soaked moment for her and Nigerians who had demonstrably supported her.
Many were cheering her up and encouraging her to push further .
Governor of Lagos State Babajide Sanwo-Olu, visited the venue of the cooking.
Nigerians all over have been congratulating Hilda for the feat. Among them are the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, who said he was proud of the chef. “I congratulate Hilda Effiong Bassey on her record-breaking achievement.
“It was a remarkable display of the Nigerian can-do attitude and the spirit of excellence that lies within.
“We are all deeply proud of her.” Also, defeated presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has congratulated the winner. Congratulations, Chef Hilda ! A proud nation thanks you for cooking Nigeria into the Guinness Book of Records. Keep the sumptuous meals flowing.”