-
Alleges Intimidation of Supporters
- Odibo Victory
The incumbent lawmaker representing Surulere Constituency 1, Desmond Elliot, has declared his withdrawal from the Lagos All Progressive Congress (APC) House of Assembly primaries.
Elliot officially declared his withdrawal from the race over alleged intimidation and restriction during the primaries.
The Nollywood actor turned politician made the announcement in a viral video posted on X on Wednesday.
Speaking from his ward, Elliot stated that his supporters were intimidated and prevented from participating in the ongoing election.
He showed some of the supporters who were locked outside the polling centre with placards and posters containing his image.
“In all zones, they’ve been intimidating and stopping us.
“This is my ward. Those are my people outside. They’ve not been allowed in.” Elliot said.
He thereafter declared his withdrawal from the race and wishes everyone goodluck.
“I’m officially announcing my withdrawal from this race. Goodluck.” The embattled lawmaker said.
Elliot’s perceived fall from grace had been linked to his fall out with Gbajabiamila, who is considered as his political father.
NPO Reported that the Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu had earlier this month disclosed how Elliot nearly made him lost his job over his involvement in the impeachment plot against the Lagos Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa.
Elliot was alleged to have spearheaded the plot.
Gbajabiamila also accused him of inciting religious sentiment among members of the constituency.
While apologising to the former House of Representatives Speaker, Elliot in an interview on Channels TV yesterday denied spearheading the impeachment plot against Obasa.
