- Safiu Kehinde
The growing tension in Osun state ahead of the 2026 Governorship Election has intensified as suspected hoodlums attacked and vandalised the Accord Party’s secretariat in Osogbo, the state’s capital.
The secretariat also known as Imole House and campaign base of the incumbent governor of the state, Ademola Adeleke, was reportedly attacked on Monday.
Video shared on X showed fragments of broken window glasses littered across the floor.
The assailant who tore down several banners withing the party’s secretariat left inscriptions on the wall which read “Say No to Authomatic Ticket”.
This had largely been considered by some members of the public as an internal crisis aimed at challenging the emergence of Adeleke as the party’s consensus candidate.

However, the Accord Party’s National Chairman, Maxwell Mgbuden, alleged that the hoodlums are linked to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Mgbuden, in a statement issued yesterday, said armed men allegedly shot sporadically at the building, shattering glass windows and damaging several offices, including that of Victor Akande, chairman of Accord in Osun.
“Politics is a contest of ideas, not violence. Accord condemns garrison politics in all its ramifications.

“It is unfortunate that the All Progressives Congress, which the good people of Osun state had rejected in the previous polls and will still reject on August 15, would mobilise thugs to attack the campaign office of an incumbent governor seeking re-election with impunity. It is outrageous, despicable and unacceptable.” He said.
The Accord national chairman further alleged that APC supporters had earlier destroyed the party’s campaign billboards, vandalised public property, and killed the son of its women leader in Irewole LGA.
