The All Progressive Party’s presidential candidate Bola Ahmed Tinubu was in Jos, Plateau State on Tuesday for official flag off of his presidential campaign.
It was promise time for the candidate and his party seeking the favour of Nigerians as they inch towards February 2023.
He commended president Muhammadu Buhari for his rescue mission , rehabilitation and redeeming of the promise of a great country.
He also thanked the president for dismantling the terrorist flag in Nigeria one by one, system by system tactics by tactics superiority by superiority and that today no more flags of strange military colour in any of the Local government of Nigeria.
He said he was proud to be that candidate to continue the good work of Buhari.
He said Nigerians can see the vast potential and scope of an excellent nation one with renewed hope and the great things Nigerians are capable of achieving with unity of purpose and collective spirit.
He also expressed hopes of great prosperity with jobs in an economy coming with activities from the farming in the rural area.
He said, “Mr. President, you have provided exceptional service to the nation and the party. Your contributions are both positive and enduring , when the history of this period is objectively written it would smile upon you and treat you with utmost kindness and respect.”
Tinubu added that the party had come to the historic site not just to flag off a presidential campaign but to reaffirm its commitment to progressive good governance , and to the fruit that such governance can bring to our nation
- Lagos-Ibadan Insecurity: I-G Meets Commissioners of Police in Oyo, Lagos, Ogun
- Tinubu Praises Buhari’s Achievements at Campaign Flag-Off; Says Hope is Back
- I’m a Trader Soludo is a Professor, Let Him Continue Where I Left; Obi Replies Governor
He said February 2023 is more than an election stating it is a fight to define the sole of the nation and to determine the collective fate, whether to follow constitutional democracy or we go to sleep or surrender our right to the jackals of looters.
Below are the campaign promises Tinubu made at the rally:
1. We will never , never again surrender to them to reverse the progress , the opportunity for electricity to industrialize our country .
2. I promise you that no child will go to bed at night uneducated and with no food in his or her stomach.
3.Even though we have talked of agriculture, we will be there , we will establish commodity exchange, progress on agriculture sector already established by President Muhammadu Buhari .
4. We the APC “Tinubu Shetimma” we seek to make a covenant of a progressive governance with Nigeria under this hope resurgence and hope renewed.
5. We will assemble the best team, an Unbreakable team to reverse any decay, to join you create a great progressive nation. To ensure that we search every corner.
6. We would cultivate farms and bring food and export items that would make us produce items, that will make us research centers, that will make us our own medicine and pharmaceutical technology for our own people .
7. To ensure overall energy and security and restore mobilisation for our country, We shall continue the on going exploration in all form of works, and exploration in all frontier in the bases and especially speed up the development of commercial oil in Gombe, Bauchi State and Lake Chad basin.
8. We will pursue the research of the lake chad to enhance agricultural and address insecurity in that region .
9. We will encourage urban employment through a national industrial plan that employs a series of measures including tax and employment credit .
10. To you the youth we make a promise that today may be difficult but hope is not lost we. We won’t let you down you are our children, you are our junior brother, we will bring greater power and energy. If you go to next door to charge your battery, it gets me angry. I am not a happy man until I free you from the bondage of neglect and give you the skill, courage to call yourself that you can do it, because I know you can do it.